[udig-devel] training course - SDK fails custom app check

I was unable to get my machine out onto the internet during the course
today :-( I will start up a new emailt thread and see if we can have a
quick IRC breakout or something.

However I do have an interesting bug to report against the uDig SDK I
made just before Christmas - when following the directions we are
unable to export out the custom application -- due to a very strange
problem. One of the directories eclipse makes when exporting is full
of a bunch of read-only artifacts that it later zips up. It has an
error when it tries to modify one of these directories.

Platform is Windows XP etc so nothing that odd.

Here is the error message:
Problems during export
  C:\Almas\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\package.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.win32.win32.x86.xml:897:
Unable to delete directory
C:\Almas\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\assemblyLocation\tmp
  Unable to delete directory
C:\Almas\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\assemblyLocation\tmp
  C:\Almas\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\package.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.win32.win32.x86.xml:897:
Unable to delete directory
C:\Almas\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\assemblyLocation\tmp
  Unable to delete directory
C:\Almas\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\assemblyLocation\tmp

Releasing the custom application is always the best test of an SDK -
and it works on my box so I am a bit stuck :-P This happend on all the
students machines so it is not an isolated incident.

Jody