[udig-devel] Setting new style programmatically

Dear all,

I'm changing the style of a shapefile layer programmatically like this:

layer.getStyleBlackboard().put(SLDContent.ID,style);
layer.refresh(map.getBounds(null));

During this the maps flickers since:
1. Map is rendered without affected layer
2. Map is rendered with new style

The time between is less than one second but this is a bit disturbing. I thought all layers are rendered in the background, merged and then the map is drawn. Like double buffering.
Do I have to set a certain parameter or is it a normal behaviour?

Thanks, Jürgen

Back to the top