Re: [udig-devel] GDAL and JAI

Here is the svn with the plugin (for uDig trunk) -
http://svn.refractions.net/udig/udig/community/jan/net.refractions.udig.transformtool/

One of the issue is that the methods based on JAI WarpTransform2D (RubberSheeting, IDW based and  TPS based ) can be used just for small corrections 'inside' the image (AFAIK).

I have quit clear view how the final user interface should work, but have no time to do it. My thought is to make perspective having two map view - one with source image and one with target data, specify the Ground Control Points using both maps and then have a view bellow with table that includes GCPs coordinates, error statistics of each ground control point and also the global statistics (from LSM) including the possibility to enable/ disable some of the GCPs. There should be some components to choose the method as well. Math functionality for such propose is implemented. This approach is usually how it woks in CAD systems.

I'll at least try to do my best to put all I've done into the GeoTools trunk.

Hope it helps,
Jan.