Od: jesse.eichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Komu: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 27.10.2008 15:56
Předmět: Re: [udig-devel] Error displaying a shapefile table

That is a good question.  I can think of a few things.
1.  The charset is incorrect. It is possible that it is interpretting  the file wrong.  I think this is unlikely.
2.  The field definitions in the DBbase file is wrong.  Try opening  the dbf with open office and save it out again.    Maybe that will fix  it.

Jesse