Re: [udig-devel] 1.1.0 released

Doh - wrong email list ... in anycase the email does capture some of the news coverage around our recent release. How is everyone doing on their press releases? I trust we can also hit the various sites like freshmeat and so on ...
Jody

Jody Garnett wrote:
I am not sure if this hit the internal email list yet... uDig 1.1.0 was released last week (from a hotel room in Norfolk where there literally is nothing else todo - other then visit the 24 hour waffle houses that are a plague on the land. Interestingly this is due to the subsidies of the corn industry which makes corn syrup cheap - and also means all their pop drinks are sweetened with corn syrup
, by law, rather than sugar).

Anyway ...
- http://refractions.net/company/news/20081015/
- http://udig-news.blogspot.com/2008/10/udig-110-released.html
- http://how2map.blogspot.com/2008/10/udig-110.html

This story was also picked up in a few blog feeds:
- http://technology.slashgeo.org/article.pl?sid=08/10/16/1659215
- http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2008/10/udig-110.html

There was also a nice write up in linux world:
- http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/udig-gis-first-look
- http://lwn.net/Articles/302812/

If we have a chance we should grab a print copy this Linux World for the library.
Jody