[udig-devel] Changes to uDig trunk for project.ui

As discussed in this weeks uDig meeting, I've been working on seperating the MapEditor rendering related code in project.ui from the rest of the rendering code. This involves moving most of the non mapeditor related code into plugins\net.refractions.udig.project.widget and changing a few interfaces. The goal is to allow applications to depend on project.widget for rendering related stuff without assuming that application is uDig and without having to depend on project.ui which contains other uDig specific code for menus and such.

I am mostly done now and am working on getting these changes into svn. I will send another email when everything is committed. When that is done, there may be problems, so please let me know if any popup.

A main change to note that the MapPart interface has been slightly changed. MapPart is now a parent interface to both MapEditorPart and MapViewPart. MapEditorPart is used throughout the uDig code as MapPart use to be, for mapeditor specific features. Non-mapeditor code can use MapViewPart.

--
Graham Davis
Refractions Research Inc.

Back to the top