Re: [udig-devel] A plugin to rule them all :)

Hi,

andrea antonello wrote:
> [...]
>>> You mean, you browsed for the udig-sdk in the workspace and it didn't
>>> load also?
>> udig was downloaded and extracted, but did no show on the package
>> explorer. (Were the udig project supposed to show up?) Later on, JGrass
>> downloaded and the packages/project were shown on the explorer. Looks like
>> something went wrong here.
>
> The udig package is not supposed to show up, it should be extracted
> into the workspace of your current eclipse session. It will be used
> later to be set as target platform.
> So it is right that the JGrass plugins show up in the workspace,
> because they are imported as projects, they are not part of the sdk.
>
> Note that this leads to udig development using th sdk supplied, not
> the svn code.
>
>>> You work on linux? Could your wokspace have permission problems?
>> No, win xp.
>
> While it downloads the sdk, it shows in the progress monitor where it
> is downloaded.
> Is the folder it is downloaded to the same into which the JGrass
> plugins are downloaded?

I'll check that later on. I'm on another machine right now.

> [...]
>> I'm willing to test. But I'd rather this were also the "official" way to
>> install udig. Otherwise we might end up using JGrass ;-)
>
> :) Just check the udig sdk box and you will have just the udig
> installed as target platform. But I have a doubt that you want the
> udig svn code?

Well, I do want the latest udig code, that is, basically what you did
with the JGrass packages.

> Anyway, I want to get this plugin to work properly. After some testing
> and some community feedback, it could be evolved to be flexible to
> install udig sdk and svn, JGrass, and whoever wants to join.

I'd like to help, but I'm not the person to hack an Eclipse plug-in as
complex as this. I could offer some testing help. I'll try later on
today to check it out.

> Ciao
> Andrea

Ciao,

Ugo

>>> For some reasons thing always work on the machine of the developer :)
>>>
>>> Andrea
>>>
>> Thanks for your effort on this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ugo

Ugo Taddei

Fraunhofer Institut Intelligente Analyse- und Informationssysteme (FhG IAIS)
http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de
Department Knowledge Discovery - IAIS.KD -
Working Group Spatial Decision Support
http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de/kd.html
phone  (+49)2241-14-2184    fax    (+49)2241-14-2072
Visit our thematic mapping tool CommonGIS: http://www.commongis.de

Back to the top