Re: [udig-devel] How to test a windows JRE

Hey Jody did you upload this?

On 3-Jun-08, at 10:12 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:

I have managed to get something that works:
- JRE 1.6.0_06
- JAI 1.1.3 choosing "custom" and not including any native DLLs
- ImageIO 1.1 choosing "custom" and not including any native DLLs

So our answer the native DLLs (I assume in the ImageIO install ) are wrecking our PNG support for a few select servers.
I will upload this tomorrow; and we can use it our release.

Cheers,
Jody

Jody Garnett wrote:
On Windows Vista
- jre (included in download) works
- jre1.6.0_05 with native DLLs does not work
- jre1.6.0_06 with native DLLs does not work
- jre1.6.0_06 pure java works

So the instructions we have for making a JRE are wrong; questions is what is to blame? JAI version, ImageIO version or what? I am going to try a "pure" java install and see if that works; my idea being that the dlls are what is scrambling things on us.

So Jesse where did you get the Java you are including in the download? And how did you make it...
Jody