[udig-devel] Re: [udig-users] ID of FID

Hi, I'm taking this to the devel list, since I also need some clarification.
Am I right in saying that the primary key column is taken as the FID field?

This, in my opinion brings to different behaviours.
Imagine I have a postgis table with 4 fields, one of which is primary key.
case 1: I load it into udig through the postgis connection. Then I
export the layer to shapefile and what I gain is a file containing
only 3 fields, since the original primary key field was transformed
into FID and therefore distorting it, and also the FID is not
exported.

case 2: I export the shapefile through pgsql3shp. I get my nice
shapefile with all 4 fields.

Is this a known behaviour? Is this a proper behaviour?

I have a strange feeling in knowing that I will lose a field in
exporting a postgis layer through udig.
Thanks,
Andrea