Re: [udig-devel] UDig with SQL Server

I think there was just a beta release of sql server 2008 which includes spatial extensions.

Note that on the GeoServer list someone recently posted that they wrote a datastore that works with some open source spatial extensions from codeplex.  See http://www.nabble.com/MSSQL-Spatial-data-source-tf2606721.html (GeoServer and uDig use the same data access layer) That should provide a very good basis for the new sql server extensions, are both are based on the simple features for sql specification, afaik.

It looks like the guy in the thread tried to email the code to the list but it bounced.  It'd be great if someone could email him and put the code in an issue, and maybe get it in to the unsupported section of GeoTools.