Re: [udig-devel] Licence

Hello,

Thanks for asking. With your extensions you can do whatever you
please---your code, your decision. If you have your users first grab
udig from the udig site and then 'update' with your plugin's update
site, you have no responsibilities at all. You impose whatever
restrictions you please on your plugin.

If you distribute uDig, you have the standard responsibilities as a
re-distributor of uDig code, i.e. the responsibilities of the Eclipse
Public License, the GNU Lesser Public License, and probably the Apache
License. These merely restrict you from not taking away the rights of
users to the uDig software. Also if you work on uDig itself, that code
will have to fall under the LGPL. However, with *your* plugin's code,
even when distributed integrated with uDig, you do whatever you feel is
best.

Enjoy; hope you do something fantastic,
--adrian