[udig-devel] Fwd: uDig failure

Begin forwarded message:

From: Desmond Elliott <Desmond.Elliott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: October 23, 2007 4:19:42 PM PDT (CA)
To: "udig-devel-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <udig-devel- owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: uDig failure

Hi! Folks

I downloaded Version 12 and it runs fine on my home computer (did the demo just fine).

I tried at work (to impress the company) where the main difference between work equipment and home is more horsepower (RAM, processor speed etc) and the program will not run.

The Flash screen stays up for maybe 30 seconds and the processor shows it is working (Task Manager) then it just stops – nothing.

The computers are running Autodesk Map 2008, ArcMap 9.0 and MapInfo 8.5 OK.

I also loaded Runtime Java as this was present on my home computer – uninstalled and reinstalled still no action.

Any suggestions

Desmond Elliott

Australia

Back to the top