Re: [udig-devel] rc12 and eclipse 3.3's maximize function

One of those joys is the new way eclipse minimizes and maximizes the
views and editors---it's now so fast and clean it begs to be used
repeatedly. For the map editor in uDig however, redraw issues means it's
not as viable. Is there an easy way to make this smoother?

A complete solution might be quite complex. I can imagine, for example, that in regular mode the renderers would start rendering all the layers
in the visible extent and then, once that is done, start rendering the
four tiles around the visible area to allow min/max to work
instantaneously. A similar mechanism would allow small pans to be cost
free as opposed to the current situation. We'll be thinking a lot about
this bigger solution when we tackle the redesign of Martin's renderer.
However, I wondered if there was any quick hack that the current design
would allow since that would let users work on maps to the full extent
of their screen and then bounce around to work on the table to the full
extent of the screen and then... i.e. increase productivity.

Of course it is possible and thanks to my time with Simone I have many more, good ideas on how to do it. But for now there are many higher priority issues to solve.

Jesse

Back to the top