Re: [udig-devel] Thinking in Eclipse 3.3 terms: renderer actions on resize.

Jesse Eichar ha scritto:
Well some more can be done. But until we get some caching and tiling it is mostly a pointless exercise to try to make this work. Once we have some tile caching in uDig then maximizing like this can just fill in the unrendered tiles. But until then basically a full render is in order or always render that bigger size or not render when maximizing (which defeats the purpose).

Jesse, consider that whatever tiling approach you choose (straigh or meta-tiled), you'll get caught in labelling hell. A way for uDig would
be to have geometries tiled, and labels rendered on the fly for the
full screen each time... but it's not trivial, I mean, you would have
to split up SLD rules and generate stacked layers where you separate
the geometries and the labels...

Cheers
Andrea

Back to the top