Re: [udig-devel] How to pick up Coverage from Layer

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for showing me the bearing. The AbstractRasterGeoResource probably should
resolve GridCoverageReader but it seems to me that it is missing in the code. When I added
the 'adaptee.isAssignableFrom(GridCoverageReader.class)' statement in the
AbstractRasterGeoResource canResolve method (line 206) everything works fine.

Is this proper solution of a bug or am I still missing something?

Cheers,
Jan
> Od: jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Komu: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Datum: 03.08.2007 20:03
> Předmět: Re: [udig-devel] How to pick up Coverage from Layer
>
>I recently checked and I thought it could.  Look at
AbstractRasterGeoResource and AbstractRasterService.

>Jesse
>
>On Aug 3, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Jan Jezek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for reply, but the Resource can't resolve   >
GridCoverageReader. I'll try to dig deeper
>> into the code.
>> Any other hints where I should search etc.. will be more than useful.
>>
>> Jan
>>> Od: jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Komu: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig- >>
devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> Datum: 03.08.2007 18:21
>>> Předmět: Re: [udig-devel] How to pick up Coverage from Layer
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'd recommend resolving to a GridCoverageReader.  The coverage   >>
returned
>> is resized to reduce loading times and memory.  It isn't  well  >
documented
>> and I don't know the API well enough yet to do a  better job.
>>>
>>> Jesse

>> having following problem:

>> image file (.tif). My

>> (Coverage.class, null);