[udig-devel] Preparing for Callisto

Hey all,

The new unified eclipse release "Callisto" will be out at the end of the
month. I'm certainly planning to upgrade my main eclipse setup. While
I'll retain, for now, the 3.2 eclipse install that I use for working
directly on the uDig SVN, I plan to use the new 3.3 release for work
against the SDK version of uDig.

To help users do this,

(1) the
  http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/0+SDK+Quickstart
wiki page will have to be updated and

(2) the "extras" package split differently than the split in the current
bundle.

We should generally assume that users will get all of the required
eclipse packages from the "callisto" distribution and the 'subclipse'
environment (does anyone use this directly?) from the 'subclipse' update
site. However, users will still need the developer's guide and other
uDig specific elements.

During the update of the wiki page, I would sorely like to add some
explanations to the instructions, notably explanations documenting which
parts of uDig require which parts of eclipse. For example, I'm still
unsure as to what exactly requires EMF/GMF.

I hope refractions can provide (1) a different 'extras' bundle and (2)
some explanation pointers on documentation. With that we can work on an
updated wiki page.

cheers,
adrian

Back to the top