Re: [udig-devel] How to increase heap/stack size for uDig?

The same command line options that can be used for eclipse.exe can be used for udig.exe -

C:\java\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vmargs -Xmx756m

You can also control the initial size when you exporting your application (it ends up changing the eclipse.ini file next to eclipse.exe) the one that ships with my eclipse has a line like the following: -vmargs -Xms40m -Xmx256m

The configuration/config.ini file used to control some of this stuff back in Eclipse 3.1 days.

Cheers,
Jody
Hi list!
My application needs to keep large amount of data (~200M) in the
memory. But now uDig breaks while loading this data:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2007-05-24 23:15:14.046
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-05-24 23:15:14.046
!MESSAGE Java heap space
!STACK 0

I tried to increase heap size in eclipse.ini (for now I launch uDig
from eclipse) - but it has no effect, uDig breaks again. And what to
do if uDig is launched as separate application?

So can anyone say where we can configure uDig's heap size / stack size?
Thanks!