Re: [udig-devel] uDIG 1.1RC10 ArcSDE plugin

I've emailed you the plugin you should be able to just replace the one in your plugins directory.

Jesse

On May 2, 2007, at 10:27 AM, Duarte Carreira wrote:

Hi all.

I’m trying to test uDIG with ArcSDE and cannot find a way to activate the plugin.

I have ArcSDE 9.1 running so I guess I can get the required jars.

But no matter what I do I cannot get the plugin to load.

The error I get is (first few lines):

!SESSION 2007-04-27 18:14:53.633 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=M20060629-1905

java.version=1.5.0_04

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=pt_PT

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data \Documents and Settings\dcarreira\uDig

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-04-27 18:14:57.477

!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle net.refractions.udig.catalog.arcsde (7).

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.arcsde.ArcsdePlugin for bundle net.refractions.udig.catalog.arcsde is invalid

            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:141)

            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:962)

            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:317)

            at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:256)

I have seen on this list a thread where Jesse Eichar gives the following explanation and intructions:

Here are some instructions:

1,  Go to c:\Program Files\udig\1.1.RC10a\eclipse\plugins

2.  Copy the jar in the zip file to that directory

3.  Unzip the jar into a folder net.refractions.udig.catalog.arcsde_1.0.0

On Apr 19, 2007, at 10:57 AM, Jesse Eichar wrote:

> Hi,  I've found that there was an export problem with the ArcSDE

> plugin.  I've fixed the problems so it won't happen for the next

> release.  But for now here's the plugin.

> <arcsdeplugin.zip>

> I'll also check that it works.

> Jesse

But I cannot get the zip file… so I’m stuck.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Duarte