Re: [udig-devel] jai is driving me cray

HI,

That's exactly what we do. JAI can be hellish if you're not careful.... :)

Jesse

On Apr 5, 2007, at 3:05 AM, Andrea Antonello - HydroloGIS wrote:

Thanks Andrea, Jesse,
I now at least know the proper way to do things.

0) put "Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: ext" in the manifest file
1) have jai installed in your java installation
2) whenever you supply a product to someone, supply also the jre of that
java installation

That way for me it works nice and clean.
Did I get it right?

Ciao
Andrea

Jesse Eichar probaly wrote:
We always use the JAI that is installed in the ext directory. Where is this code being called from? Every plugin that uses JAI must add the line:

Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: ext

In your manifest.mf file.

This states that the extensions in the JVM's lib/ext directory will be available on the classpath of that plugin. It could be that the method
you are using is getting the File from the wrong classloader (the lib
one perhaps).

If you can give me some details about what you're doing I might be able
to come up with a better answer.

Jesse