builder.setName( "newname" );
builder.getFeatureType();

Jesse

On Mar 23, 2007, at 9:08 AM, tony.roth@xxxxxx wrote:

Von: Jesse Eichar <jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 20-Feb-07, at 4:38 AM, tony.roth@xxxxxx wrote:
Hi list,
in our project we are using jira plugins in our eclipse rcp
application. It is used for the visualization of different facilities
on a map. The map is delivered by a wms server, the facilities are
stored
in a database (mysql). To show these facilities a temporary shape file is created. It was a funny thing writing mixed up big and little endian variables with java but finally it works :-) (yes, I suppose somewhere
 an api / lib exists but.. where?)
i) Is this the canonic way? Or is it somehow possible to create an
 in-memory layer instead of writing a shape file?
There are code snippets for just this sort of thing at:

http://svn.geotools.org/udig/branches/1.1.x/udig/tutorials/ net.refractions
.udig.code.examples/src/net/refractions/udig/code/examples/

I have a problem with reusing a generated featuretype:

At first I create the featuretype (this is done exactly once):

FeatureTypeBuilder featureBuilder =
FeatureTypeBuilder.newInstance(myFeatureTypeName);
featureBuilder.addType(AttributeTypeFactory.newAttributeType ("geometry", Point.class,true, Integer.MAX_VALUE, null, DefaultGeographicCRS.WGS84));
featureBuilder.addType(AttributeTypeFactory.newAttributeType("foo",
String.class, true, Integer.MAX_VALUE));
featureBuilder.addType(AttributeTypeFactory.newAttributeType("bar",
String.class, true, Integer.MAX_VALUE));
FeatureType featureType = featureBuilder.getFeatureType();

then I create the ressource:

resource =
CatalogPlugin.getDefault().getLocalCatalog().createTemporaryResource (featureType);

I itereate through a list of values and add features to the ressource:

GeometryFactory fac = new GeometryFactory();
FeatureStore fs = resource.resolve(FeatureStore.class, null);

for (ListItem item : list) {
 Coordinate pointCoordinate = new Coordinate(item.get...);
 Point point = fac.createPoint(pointCoordinate);
 String foo = item.get...
 String bar = item.get...
 Feature feature = featureType.create(new Object[]{point,foo,bar});
 fs.addFeatures(DataUtilities.collection(new Feature[]{feature}));
}

finally I create the layer
LayerFactory layerFactory = map.getLayerFactory();
Layer layer = layerFactory.createLayer(resource);

This works and the layer is shown in the map

Later the application tries to create a new layer based on a resource of
this featuretype. It starts with
resource =
CatalogPlugin.getDefault().getLocalCatalog().createTemporaryResource (featureType);

(like above) but I get an exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException
 at
net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.CatalogImpl.createTemporaryResou rce(CatalogImpl.java:749)

 at ... the row with [resource = CatalogPlugin....] (see above)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Schema modification not
 supported
 at
org.geotools.data.AbstractDataStore.updateSchema (AbstractDataStore.java:228)

 at
net.refractions.udig.catalog.memory.internal.TemporaryResourceFactory. createResource(TemporaryResourceFactory.java:48)

 at
net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.CatalogImpl.createTemporaryResou rce(CatalogImpl.java:743)

 ... 54 more

What am I doing wrong? I'm not modifyfing the featureType any more, I just want to create a new (a second) ressource based on the featureType. Isn't
it possible?
In
net.refractions.udig.catalog.memory.internal.TemporaryResourceFactory. createResource
 udig wants to update the featureType but it seems to be not allowed.

thanks for any help,
tony roth

ps At the moment we are using UDIG 1.1 RC8 in our project.