Re: [udig-devel] GeoTiff - tif + tfw

> Hm, Jgrass bloating stuff is surely not the answer.

Agreed

> Is current code for loading rasters house made or incorporated from another
> open source projects?

The image code is taken from the geotools project. It does much more
than just deal with images for their visualization ;)

> I do not know if there are any algorithms available out there for loading
> and viewing images like geotiff and world images (open source). Surely they
> are, but do not know, have not searched any.
> Would there be any way to just load projection data into memory not images
> themselves (surely it is not a lot of data, even for a very large set of
> tiffs) for every image available in folder. uDig SDK can surely do the
> "math" thing of converting view windows coordinates into world coordinates
> and searching for right images through memory (just projection data), and
> then loading images with a same name. In a way "intersecting" coordinates of
> viewer extents with all the available from images and projecting them onto
> viewer if they appear in a result set.

That is the part I would be willing to code if there was an easy way to
deal with the images. There is a way in the new geotools versions, but
udig is for now some version behind, that is the problem.

> The main part is surely the imaging
> algorithm...This is probably the solution Andrea is talking about with
> geotools, or maybe I am just way off course.
>
> Ok I must admit I am very green in uDig SDK and image algorithms. And aint
> saying it is a correct or easy solution or a solution at all :) , just
> "brainstorming" ...

Brainstroming is good for me, in te hope we can find a feasible
solution, better if for all of us :)

Ciao
Andrea

> Zlatko.

if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik