[udig-devel] Strange issues editing wfs data

Hi,
working with WFS editing in uDig I noticed something strange.
If I move a point (in a point layer) outside of the current bbox,
it won't be displayed anymore.
I tried to recomputed the bbox in Geoserver, and then do a reset on
the udig catalog, but nothing. The only way to make the point re-appear
is to restart udig.

Now, given the amount of describefeaturetype udig executes on Geoserver,
I would expect the bbox to be always up to date.
Plus, I don't see why udig is using the bbox to constraint the queries
on the server... if I zoom out, the query stays the same because
apparently you're interesecting the view bbox with the data declared bbox.
Funny enough, the table view contains the moved point, and it gets
displayed when I click it on the table view (is the table view

Given that next geoserver won't recompute the bbox at each describe
feature to avoid issues with big datasets  (that do take up to minutes
to compute a bbox with the current code), and also considering that
all workaround we can find will just provide an estimated bbox,
I would really urge you to avoid relying on the declared bbox for
GetFeature requests.

Cheers
Andrea

Back to the top