[udig-devel] How to add my own icon as symbol for elements of a shape file

hi list,

for a point shape layer one can use square, circle, ... as mark. These
values are defined in org.geotools.styling.StyleBuilder.StyleBuilder and
the user can select one of them in the edit menu. (Class
net.refractions.udig.style.sld.simple.GraphicViewer is responsible for
showing them in the dialog). Is it somehow possible to add my own mark
which is stored in a png file? Some users don't like the simple marks, they
want symbols like in a good old map for towers, windmills or something like
that.

 thanks,
tony roth

Back to the top