Re: [udig-devel] RE: RE: Problems adding a layer programmatically

Gotcha.  I think some confusion in my mind rises from the design
differentiation between "internal" and the "public" interfaces - while the
name is suggestive that the internal is well, specific only to UDIG, many of
the methods it provides are the ones that you need to manipulate maps/layers
and so on - while the "public" ones are for read-only purposes.

As I've gone through the documentation - and read many of the postings, a
fair few examples do seem to happily expose the internal objects for use in
various read/write/edit operations.  So its difficult from a best practices
standpoint to determine what the appropriate interface/object to use is.

Pete