Re: [udig-devel] capabilities of uDIG

On Friday 12 January 2007 16:59, Adrian Custer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Not sure if anyone replied yet.
>
> One group is working on the first of these, a buffer operation. The
> complication centers around two issues (1) that uDig layers are not
> necessarily equal to coverages and (2) user interface design. Once the
> first of the operations is well designed, the rest will be fairly easy
> to implement. Note that the underlying spatial library, JTS, has many of
> these operations so the complication for uDig is to translate user
> desire to JTS operation. I would guess that this functionality will land
> this year.

Indeed very shortly. As per uploading the buffer operation to the community
space, we're running a ui redesign round based on your suggestion to use a
view instead of a wizard.

Also, on the immediate target there are design work going on for the
implementation of the following:
Editing tools:
- clip
- trim