Re: [udig-devel] Building an application

Here's a starting point. The tutorial is not yet complete but it gets you started.

http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/5+Custom +Application+Tutorial

You can also search this list since this is certainly a reoccurring thread. http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=udig-devel% 40lists.refractions.net&q=custom+application

Jesse

On 8-Jan-07, at 9:05 AM, Martin Wallmer wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this list. After doing some of the tutorials and building some plugins I'm quite sold on uDig! Now I want to start to build my application based on uDig, somehow I'm missing the starting point.

It shall be possible to work on a well defined set of feature types. Editing of attributes shall only be possible with my own feature editor, not via standard editor. The tools should be specialized for my feature types and I'd like to use my own datastore implementation.

Is it best to start a new RCP and include the uDig plugins that I need (display map, selecting layers, ...)? Which udig plugins to start with?

Or would it be better to contribute my plugins and somehow disable those plugins I don't need?

Any hint appreciated,
Martin