[udig-devel] IGeoResource questions from development land

So here is what Jesse and I are going to talk about tomorrow morning :-P Poor jesse....

Any feedback would be welcome .... I am looking at locking down IGeoResource for the uDig 1.1. release and the following "issues" have been brought up.

- Catalog "events" with getInfo( ... ) granularity; this is needed. Making the catalog event system extend down to the information available via ServiceInfo is not a bad thing - IGeoResource.parent( monitor ) - returns a IService (which is wrong, and has been wrong and fixed three times - is now the time for the fix to stick?) - IGeoResource.service( monitor ) - if this method is needed it can be added ... although a quick loop with parent would produce the same effect - IService / IGeoResource "warnings"; right now we have one single Throwable, all implementations make use of this Throwable to only talk about the "preferred" - ie why getStatus() == BROKEN. We need something in user terms; no doubt attached to the info objects - IService.dispose() - seems to be required; it is too bad the concept cannot hidden to local catalog - rather then something user code *must* call

The following ideas from IResource have also been requested in the last year:
- IService / IGeoResource "session properties"
- IService / IGeoResource "persistent properties"

Note the concept of session properties negates the need for a the dispose method & provides a home for warnings.

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top