[udig-devel] Guidance on how to implement Attributes for a FeatureReader

Good day all,

My name's Dan Eslinger and I am one of the Google Summer of Code students working on UDig. For those of you that don't already know, my project involves creating the necessary infrastructure and plugins in order to import GPS NMEA data sentences. With Cory's help, I have reached the point where the plug-in I have developed is able to read GPS NMEA sentences and return latitude and longitude ordinate pairs for access and display.

What I would like some guidance on now is how to extend my class which inherits from FeatureReader to add the attribute data that I am reading in now. Any examples or pointers that you can provide or point me to would be very valuable.

If you are curious about my project, progress or the current design, the project is in SVN at the following URL: http://svn.geotools.org/udig/community/dan

Thanks for your help!

- Dan

Back to the top