[udig-devel] Eclipse 3.2 woes

Hi all,

Has anyone had success running uDig in Eclipse 3.2?  I needed to upgrade
to 3.2 so I could investigate the modeling framework, and now uDig
crashes when I try to run it.  The party killer is:

!SESSION 2006-07-03 10:05:02.495
eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
java.version=1.5.0_06
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_AU
Framework arguments:  -product net.refractions.udig.product
Command-line arguments:  -product net.refractions.udig.product -data
/home/owlman/workspace/runtime-udig.product -dev
file:/home/owlman/workspace/uDig/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/udig.product/dev.properties
-os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2006-07-03 10:05:03.791
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service.
Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started
(see config.ini).
   at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:65)
   at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
   at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
   at
   at
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

From the little information I can glean the likely causes are either a
misconfigured config.ini or all the plugins that need to be installed at
rcp boot are not listed in the product file.  However, as I'm new to
Eclipse I really have no idea...

Any help much appreciated.

cheers,
John