Re: [udig-devel] Any recent changes to WorldImageReader?

Jesse Eichar ha scritto:
I've done a bunch of research into this and talked to the author of the plugin. He tells me that it just randomly fails, something to do with using the FileChannel. I don't really understand it. Here's the pertinent lines.

//preparing the parameteres to read the images using a file channel
        ParameterBlockJAI readParams = new ParameterBlockJAI("ImageRead",
                "rendered");

If someone has ideas that'd be great.

Let's try to dig a little deeper. Here we have a constructor that calls another constructor:

at javax.media.jai.ParameterBlockJAI.<init>(ParameterBlockJAI.java:208)
   at javax.media.jai.ParameterBlockJAI.<init>(ParameterBlockJAI.java:250)

The ParameterBlockJAI javadoc (at javax.media.jai.ParameterBlockJAI.<init>(ParameterBlockJAI.java:208)
   at javax.media.jai.ParameterBlockJAI.<init>(ParameterBlockJAI.java:250)
says that that exception is thrown when one of the two arguments of the second constructor is null. I guess this happens because the "ImageRead" operation cannot be converted to and OperationDescription
using the current JAI OperationRegistry.
Since ImageRead is one of the "JAI ImageIO" built-in operations, it seems there is some problem in the JAI
ImageIO installation (which is a separate download, it's not JAI itself).

It may also be due a classloading problem. See these messages on java.net, for example
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=13500&tstart=0

Sorry, I don't have time to investigate this more in deep.

Cheers
Andrea Aime

Jesse