[udig-devel] Re: using a funky WMS service ...

Richard,

Thanks. This WMS is created out of the distributed databases that are
part of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (gbif.org). So,
they probably do have thousands of species, and growing every day
(they have upwards of 90 million "specimen" records at this time). I
can see why having each as a layer would be tricky.

I tried it in MapServer and it works fine. Anyways, thanks.

-Emilio