[udig-devel] Printing on Gnu/Linux: a user question

Hey all,

Just tired 1.1.M6 and it works beautifully! Thanks.

When printing, after making the "page+BaseMap" and clicking on the print
icon, I get an error dialog saying:
    "Message: No print service found"
>From working with gtk gnumeric, I know how hard getting printing going
actually is so I wonder if we could not institute a workaround so that
users on gnu systems can at least produce docs for now. Furthermore, the
uDig printing dialog and layout will, for the forseeable future, remain
very primitive compared to the tools we currently have (e.g. Inkscape).

Would it be very hard to add functionality to uDig to output the current
map to an image? The image would ideally be SVG but raster images are
probably simpler and would work as well. uDig is so powerful already, it
seems a shame to wait to resolve the myriad of problems with printing
before getting output usable in reports.

thanks,
adrian

Back to the top