Re: [udig-devel] tiny problem with the nightly SDK for linux

you have to gzunip it then untar it.  That has worked for me.  But you I haven't had luck using the tar method directly

Jesse

Adrian Custer wrote:
Hey all,

Just tried grabbing the nightly SDK for linux. Tar has a problem with the file:

[acuster@ognat uDig]$ tar tzf /soft/download/udig-SDK-linux-gtk-x86.tgz
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

I can however unzip it and then extract apparently all of the contents with tar ending with the message:
tar: A lone zero block at 123006

Seems like it should be easily fixable. I am, of course, using gnu tar.

ciao,
adrian