Re: [udig-devel] Adding a ModalTool to the action bar

oops, sorry about spelling your name wrong! Naughty me....

Jesse Eichar wrote:

Are you defining a new category extension as well? It is another element in the same extension point.

Jesse

Mark Presling wrote:

Hi guys,

I am trying to add a new ModalTool to the action bar in my app and am coming across some problems around categories. If I specify one of the existing categories, such as net.refractions.udig.tool.category.zoom my tool appears in the zoom dropdown on the tool bar. If I specify my own category (such as net.refractions.udig.tool.category.test) it doesn't appear.

I've debugged the point in ToolManager where it's looping through the extensions (net.refractions.udig.project.ui.tool) and setting up the categories, but it never comes across my new category.

Here's the tool definition in my plugin.xml.

  <extension
        point="net.refractions.udig.project.ui.tool">
           <modalTool
                 categoryId="net.refractions.udig.tool.category.new"
                 class="nz.govt.transit.callcenter.tool.PointEventTool"
                 icon="icons/calander_Icon.gif"
                 id="nz.govt.transit.callcenter.tool.PointEventTool"
                 name="name"
                 onToolbar="true"
                 tooltip="tooltip">
              <cursor
           hotspotY="10"
           hotspotX="10"
           image="icons/calander_Icon.gif"
           id="crosshair"/>
        </modalTool>
  </extension>

Apart from the fact that I am using a calendar icon, what is wrong with this? Why can't I define my own category? I can confirm that when I set the categoryId to net.refractions.udig.tool.category.zoom it appears under that dropdown. Do I need to define a category somewhere else?

Thanks,
Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Presling