Re: [udig-devel] SLD plugin & ExternalGraphic support

Hi Vincent,

I tried last year (december) to render points with images. I tried to create a new StyleConfigurator, then a new StyleContent, then a new Renderer but I all always met problems. I finally decided to modify some uDig plugins. I think my problems came because of the lack of support of external graphic by SLD plugin. Adding this functionnality cannot be handled by another plugin. Modifications had to be done directly on this plugin (It's my current comprehension of the framework). What I did (partially).

I know that modifying core uDig plug-ins is not a good practice and that I won't be able to simply benefit from next uDig releases. I
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:29:58 +1300
From: Mark Presling <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Adding a ModalTool to the action bar

--------------080706080503020406090105

You're a legend Jessie. I can't believe how quick you are to respond. Thanks heaps, that certainly was the problem. I didn't realise that you had to do that. Where are the others defined? I haven't seen them anywhere yet?

Thanks heaps,
Mark

Jesse Eichar wrote:

Are you defining a new category extension as well? It is another element in the same extension point.

Jesse

Mark Presling wrote:

Hi guys,

I am trying to add a new ModalTool to the action bar in my app and am coming across some problems around categories. If I specify one of the existing categories, such as net.refractions.udig.tool.category.zoom my tool appears in the zoom dropdown on the tool bar. If I specify my own category (such as net.refractions.udig.tool.category.test) it doesn't appear.

I've debugged the point in ToolManager where it's looping through the extensions (net.refractions.udig.project.ui.tool) and setting up the categories, but it never comes across my new category.

Here's the tool definition in my plugin.xml.

  <extension
        point="net.refractions.udig.project.ui.tool">
           <modalTool
                 categoryId="net.refractions.udig.tool.category.new"
                 class="nz.govt.transit.callcenter.tool.PointEventTool"
                 icon="icons/calander_Icon.gif"
                 id="nz.govt.transit.callcenter.tool.PointEventTool"
                 name="name"
                 onToolbar="true"
                 tooltip="tooltip">
              <cursor
           hotspotY="10"
           hotspotX="10"
           image="icons/calander_Icon.gif"
           id="crosshair"/>
        </modalTool>
  </extension>

Apart from the fact that I am using a calendar icon, what is wrong with this? Why can't I define my own category? I can confirm that when I set the categoryId to net.refractions.udig.tool.category.zoom it appears under that dropdown. Do I need to define a category somewhere else?

Thanks,
Mark

--------------080706080503020406090105

begin:vcard