Re: [udig-devel] Filtered layer

Cole Markham wrote:
No, it shouldn't track the selection. The idea is that you can save the current selection as a new layer. This seems easy. So what would you need to create the new layer?

Oh - there is a community plugin that save the current selection as a shapefile, and adds it to the current map. I want to generalize this so you can choose the target (Postgis, Shapefile, etc...).

Although I have considered just making it produce a new layer backed by a MemoryDataStore, and then people can export that layer out to Postgis, Shapefile, etc...

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? If so it is available under my name in the community section ... feel free to hack it up as needed. At the very least it can serve as an example for making a new layer (I had to duck Jesse's api as I was using uDig 1.0.x code).

Jody

Back to the top