[udig-devel] uDig 1.1.M1 Release Announcement

Hello to all,

We are pleased to announce that we have reached another milestone along our voyage to uDig 1.1. There has been an incredible number of views and pieces of functionality added. Downloads are available on our home page: http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Home and http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/UDIG+1.1+Unstable.

A summary of the changes since Milestone M0 are as follows:

*Completely Redesigned Editing Tools (Still pre-alpha)*
The old editing tools have been scrapped and new tools with better feedback have been added. In addition to a better user experience there is a complete framework to allow new tools to be created in minutes. A tutorial on creating custom tools is publically available at http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/Edit+Tool+Tutorial]. (Underconstruction)

*Open Web Services Context Import and Export*
You can now import OWS Context as well as export existing maps as OWS Context documents.

*Browser View *
A new view has been added that has a browser embedded within it. Clicking on a link or dragging and dropping the link will load the linked layers in the current map or open a new map.

*Location View*
A "location" view has been added. The view allows an address to be entered and will show a list of matches. Clicking on a match will center the map on that address and flash a point at that location.

*Bookmarks View*
A handy view has been added that allows locations to be bookmarked so that one can easily return to the locations at a later date. (Thanks Cole)
*
New Perspective Added*
A new Perspective has been added for those who like to be different. The new Perspective can be opened by selecting the *Window > Open Perspective > Alternate Map Perspective* menu item.

Please send us your comments on what you like/don't like etc...

Back to the top