Re: [udig-devel] uDig's commands

Tools and operations use commands to change the uDig model.  Commands
are used to change the model so that undo/redo operations are
supported.

If you notice the IContext objects provide references to ILayer, IMap,
IViewportModel, etc... which are all read only interfaces.  Commands
have access to Map, ViewportModel and Layer interfaces which permit
writes.  So if you write a command you can use it to change the state of
the model.  But before you write a command check to see if the command
exists because they all (or almost all) have undo implementations
written and will save you some work.

You can get the list of available commands by using the
SelectionCommandFactory, EditCommandFactory and
NavigationCommandFactory.

Jesse