Re: [udig-devel] Getting the source

Hi Bernhard,

You do actually have the source. If you unzip the jar files you will find the source. But that is not how you are supposed to use the SDK release.

Instructions can be found at: http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/SDK%20Quickstart.

I have to mention though that we have recently found a problems with how we are exporting our sdk. Apparently it is not possible to find extension points using the eclipse plugin.xml editor. We are currently trying to fix this issue. The eclipse documentation is a little short on this subject but we are getting it figured out.

Your best bet may be to follow the instructions at:
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Project+Quickstart

These are instructions on how to check out the source code. When you have done that you can follow the plugin tutorial and you should be good to go.
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/Plugin+Tutorial

Jesse

Bernhard Kastner wrote:

Hi mailing list,

sorry for asking such a stupid question, but: Where do I get the source from? I went to the downloadpage and clicked on the link pointing on the source-zip:
http://udig.refractions.net/downloads/udig-1.0.5-src.linux.gtk.x86.zip

But after unpacking, I only found jarfiles with no source attached and some binaries. Can anybody tell me please, where I get the source from? Maybe packed into one file which I can unpack and click on "attach source to jar" in Eclipse?

thanks

Bernhard