From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jody Garnett
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 6:43 PM
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS; dcmikkelsen@xxxxxxx
Subject: [udig-devel] UDIG at VanGIS

Thanks to Dean Mikkelsen for his recent talk at VanGIS.

    We were happy to make the trip over, and it was great to see so many
open-source technologies brought together into one presentation & demo.
    Although Dean demoed UDIG 1.0.0 (which suffered without an Internet
connection), Jesse was able to hand out some CDs of the latest release
and show everything working properly. It was interesting to note how
interested attendees were in SDE support. Although we are focused on
editing tools right now, it would be great if anyone with access to SDE
was able to help out in this respect.

Thanks to the Vancouver GIS Users Group for break from chasing bugs, and
giving us a chance to meet real users.
Jody