[udig-devel] Re: Legend entries/glyphs?

You can click on the layer with the glyph and the message associated with the glyph is shown on the status bar. The clock means it is rendering usually, the yellow means something happened that you may be concerned about but probably is ok. Usually if all the data of the layer is off-screen the yellow glyph will show up with a no data rendered message. The red means something bad happens and usually gives a really useless error message :( sorry. We have the infrastructure to give error and warning messages but currently we have no way of getting them from the datastore.

Jesse

rob_booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Apologies for using this email list for a very simple question - if there is a
better forum, I'd appreciate being pointed in its direction!

My very simple question is : can anyone explain to me what each of the small
symbols next to feature layers mean when you add a new layer?

I understand the little clock means it is waiting to load, but thats it! Sometimes I try to load a WFS layer, and I get (what I had assumed to be) a WMS
icon.  I also see red crosses, yellow warning signs, etc?

Is there an explanation of what all these symbols mean somewhere (its not
immediately obvious)

MTIA

Rob

---- Message sent via Totalise Webmail - http://www.totalise.co.uk/ MAX Broadband 2Mb now just £17.99 a month plus 2 months free!