[udig-devel] Re: uDig WMS format choice

Are you using uDig 1.0.1? If so you should already have the ability to set the order of preferred formats. I assume this feature will be included in all future versions.

 Go to Window->Preferences and choose Basic WMS Renderer (should be the first option). See the screen shot attached. You have to uncheck the box and then you can change the order. The renderer will iterate over the list in descending order until it finds one that matches the GetCapabilities document.

I know the support for GeoTiff is not all that great in uDig right now, but that is why I am using MapServer in the first place. If you set uDig to accept image/tiff files, then MapServer will take care of the geoReferencing and uDig should be able to see the file just fine. You want to make sure that your MapServer config file is set to server "EPSG:4326" because the client-side reprojection takes a long time and is not very accurate.

This is the setup I am using and it works great. If you need some more help setting it up, let me know.

Cole