Re: [udig-devel] Newbie Question! - SDE - Unstable Plugin

Micallef, Michael (MTO) wrote:

I am new to Udig.

I initiated the update under the help command and the Update Manager found
the "Unstable Plugin" plugin.  After trying to continue with the
installation, it came up with some errors for the install.  The SDE "Add
Layer" function does not do anything, and I think it is related to
permissions on the machine I am running.

I am in a very restricted environment, can anyone tell me the required
directories and permissions for Udig?
Also, if I am totally off track - please let me know...
You are probably on track! You are however one of the first people to attempt to use the ArcSDE support. We know the connection code works (because it is used in GeoServer), but we may have hooked it up
wrong in udig.

And then we left it alone because we did not have any users that were interested in it, and were unable to test. On the bright side refractions just got some kind of ESRI developer pack so their is a chance we may be able
to test ourselves.

If you are interested in ArcSDE support we should see if can scare up enough interest on this list to make it work.
Jody

Back to the top