[udig-devel] Referencing a specific map

Is there some way to get a reference to a specific map that will not
change when the map is closed? Here is the exact situation:
1. Call PlatformGIS.getActiveMap()
2. store that reference with my bookmark
3. The user closes the map (and possibly the entire application, but
I'm not there yet)
... some other actions by the user ...
4. The user reopens the map (from the project explorer)
5. Now a call to PlatformGIS.getActiveMap() returns a different Map object

What I need is some way to reference the map that is persistent. I am
thinking a unique ID or something that could be assigned to the map
when it is created. As far as I can tell there is nothing like this
that currently exists.

Thanks,
Cole

Back to the top