Re: [udig-devel] feature editor problem

Hi Jacques,

This sounds like it is probably a geotools bug with postgis. I'll play around a with it. What *should* is when a feature is created the datastore is supposed to assign it a FID that the datastore understands. UDIG shouldn't have anything to do with creating/assigning FIDs.
I'll see if I can make the error show up.

Jesse

jacques.divol wrote:

hi,

when you add a new feature graficaly using the feature edit tool, a FID is created equal to "fid-488c4023:1057be2b2f9:-7ffa" for the new feature.

Problem : the MaxIncFIDMapper class need a Long as stated into the following method :

public Object[] getPKAttributes(String FID) {
        return new Object[] { new Long(Long.parseLong(FID)) };
    }

the result is :

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "fid-488c4023:1057be2b2f9:-7ffb" at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString (NumberFormatException.java:48)
    at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:403)
    at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:461)
at org.geotools.data.jdbc.fidmapper.MaxIncFIDMapper.getPKAttributes (MaxIncFIDMapper.java:87) at org.geotools.data.jdbc.fidmapper.TypedFIDMapper.getPKAttributes (TypedFIDMapper.java:73)
    at org.geotools.filter.SQLEncoder.visit(SQLEncoder.java:472)
    at org.geotools.filter.FidFilterImpl.accept(FidFilterImpl.java:198)
    at org.geotools.filter.SQLEncoder.encode(SQLEncoder.java:211)
    at org.geotools.filter.SQLEncoder.encode(SQLEncoder.java:235)
at org.geotools.data.postgis.PostgisSQLBuilder.sqlWhere (PostgisSQLBuilder.java:140) at org.geotools.data.jdbc.DefaultSQLBuilder.buildSQLQuery (DefaultSQLBuilder.java:173) at org.geotools.data.jdbc.JDBC1DataStore.constructQuery (JDBC1DataStore.java:872) at org.geotools.data.jdbc.JDBC1DataStore.getFeatureReader (JDBC1DataStore.java:800) at org.geotools.data.jdbc.JDBCFeatureSource$1.reader (JDBCFeatureSource.java:207) at net.refractions.udig.project.internal.commands.edit.WriteEditFeatureComm and.run(WriteEditFeatureCommand.java:47) at net.refractions.udig.project.command.CommandManager $Executor.execute(CommandManager.java:294) at net.refractions.udig.project.command.CommandManager $Executor.run(CommandManager.java:256) at net.refractions.udig.project.command.CommandManager $Executor.run(CommandManager.java:241)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

jacques divol