[udig-devel] Community Development

Hi everyone here is todays batch of community announcements:

We have started:
- the community space in subversion: http://svn.geotools.org/udig/trunk/community/ - the community wiki space: http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/

Jesse has produced an Export to SLD plugin that is available there (something Chris Holmes requested yesterday).
-<http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/Jesse>

I started a page to work on Exporting the Selected Features with Dave Sampson. - <http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/COM/ExportSelectedFeatures>

The community page has a few more details on how we plan to use it, and how you can take part.

How to get plugins:

  1. Directly from subversion (source code)
  2. A zip file attached to one of these pages, unzip into your udig
     plugins directory
  3. (pending) From nightly builds (a udig-community.zip download)
  4. (pending) Straight from uDig via a Community Update site

I know Dave, Wendy and Magna already have subversion access, please feel free to make use of the facilities.

For those that would like to take part we will try and keep this as simple as possible: 1. Set up your uDig development environment (UDIG:Quickstart and UDIG:Project)
   2 Join the developer list and ask for svn access

The community page has additional instructions about setting up a subversion directory. Note: We welcome direct contributions to the uDig code base as well. This community effort is meant to be a bit more informal and fun. You will see the core udig developers making use of the facilities to prototype and experiment (while still getting nightly builds and the ability to share interesting work).

Jody

Back to the top