Re: [udig-devel] Dxf Fixes

Hi Wendy,

I've found your problem.

In you data store you only ever have 1 FeatureReader. There are a couple of problems with this.

1. It isn't thread safe because if 2 threads ask for the same datastore they will both get the same feature reader and will both be modifying it. 2. It is never reset so it can only be used once. Every time after the first time it will always return false to hasNext().

Is it ok if I go ahead and change it so each getFeatureReader request will create a new FeatureReader?

Jesse

Edwards, Wendy A ERDC-CERL-IL Contractor wrote:

Hi, I made some changes to the Dxf Plugin to create a FeatureType for the
FeatureCollection.  This fixed the problems I was having earlier, and it's
now opening the Dxf file, reading the entries, creating Feature objects with
geometry (that appears valid), and calling the routines to render it.  It's
no longer throwing an exception, but nothing's actually getting rendered.
Any idea what could be going on?  I committed the latest version of the code.

Thanks,
Wendy