[udig-devel] Re: Need some help

Schmitt, Magna (CIP) wrote:

Hello Jody:

Hope you had a nice flight.

I am writing to ask you for some guidelines to manage the main menus. I was checking at org.eclipse.ui.actionSets extension and found how  the actionSet are configured but I cannot create a new main menu.
So my questions are:
1. how can I create a new Main Menu and then see it into the workbench?
Question: is this new menu associated with an Editor (like for MapEditor) or there all the time?

2. When an action is created and i have to specified a "menubarpath", i may have put something like this "layer/add.ext", where is this add.ext declared?
I think it is an *id* that can be declared by any extension point.

I am now connected at the irc hope you or someone could help me in this matter.
Cool, I am just getting there now, Jesse is already there.
Lets figure this out and at the end of the day we can make a new wiki page on how to do this.

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top