Re: [udig-devel] render performance

Jesse,

Thanks for the patch.

uDig now renders this point shapefile faster than ESRI ArcExplorer Java
Edition on my system somewhere in between 4 and 5 seconds it takes in
uDig. Down from 25-30 seconds before. Still slower than ArcGIS, but I
think you could probably even reach that level if you wanted.

I knew you guys could do it.... Also render times seem to have become
independent of the uDig windows size on screen. Around 8 fold speed
increase on my system too. Very impressive.

Will this only affect point data? or has polygon rendering improved as well?

I say more patches like this. Keep up the good work.

And for those who have email systems that scramble messages with
attachements the patch is available for download here:
http://lists.refractions.net/pipermail/udig-devel/attachments/20050703/6a22c4c0/plugins-0001.zip

/Jesper