Re: [udig-devel] branch called 1.0.x

Jesse Eichar wrote:

I made a branch called 1.0.x and have committed some bug fixes to it.
Anyone wish to comment on how we should manage the branch?

Some obvious points are:

-Bug fixes only
-All bug fixes should also be applied to trunk as long as they do apply.

Questions:

-Should we replace the 1.0 release with a new version or just sit on it
until we release a 1.0.1 version (I'm in favour of the latter).
I would like to gather up the following for a 1.0.1 patch release at the end of the July:
- completed translations
- such patches as are available (such as a printing bug fix or two)
- A few more formats (& databases) that we missed for 1.0
- update manager support

The update manager support is the most important, as it would allow the patching process to be made transparent to end users. This is the combination of setting up an update site, and providing patches as a series of fragments.

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top